Sunday, November 20, 2016

Not Writing :: Lists

When I am "not writing", I am...

dishes
masturbation
running in anxious mental circles
sleeping
napping
trying to sleep
trying to nap
testing the limits of my cage, running into new invisible walls and finding new places of rupture
toilet cleaning
dreaming
trying to dream
nourishment (reading/brain, eating/body)
staring at the wall
worrying
conversations
procrastination
getting tattooed
drinking
darts
bowling
dancing


When I am not writing, I am not writing...

mental models, conceptual boxes, only to trouble and dissolve them
plays about feminist robots
plays about girls at the moment they realize they are trapped
hypothetical conersations with celebrities
angry letters to the editor
songs about setting things on fire
letters of apology
christmas cards
personal essays
diary entries
pithy tweets
short stories about time-travelling dinosaurs who save the world from climate change
text messages to people I love
new emoticons

No comments:

Post a Comment